E!’s highly anticipated original scripted series The Royals is about to invade our television screens and you won’t want to look away.
The Elizabeth Hurley led series is juicy, hot and deliciously scandalous! It’s everything you want in a soapy drama.
Here are 7 reasons for you to tune in to The Royals, premiering Sunday, March 15 at 10 p.m. ET/PT:
1. It’s the new Gossip Girl – The Royals was written and directed by Mark Schwahn (One Tree Hill) and covers everything from sex, drugs to royal rock & roll. It’s filled with ridiculous drama, spoiled children and there’s even a Dan in there to balance everything out. Someone who’s, you know, humble and lives in Brooklyn, but really her name is Ophelia and she’s an American, down-to-earth girl, who happens to live in the Palace. Basically, The Royals is the perfect show to fill that giant Gossip Girl-sized void.
2. Elizabeth Hurley – Need I say more? That woman is absolutely stunning and plays that matriarchal bitch role to perfection. She’s absolutely fierce and just screams royalty in those clothes that fit her like a glove. Also, let’s not forget about the amazing Joan Collins who plays her dear ole mum, the Duchess of Oxford.
3. The wardrobe – Rachel Walsh, the lead costume designer, did a fabulous job on dressing the cast to look like a modern version of the royal family. Sure, there are the ridiculous nightclub outfits that Princess Eleanor (Alexandra Park) wears that no royal would ever wear, but still. She looks stunning in everything. The Duchess of Cambridge has brought some style of her own and we’ve all been watching, wondering what she’ll wear next. So I don’t think it’s too far fetched. Walsh did tell the New York Post that “the looks to this show are limitless. It’s a mixture of cutting-edge contemporary for the younger characters, classic elegance for the older.” Let’s not forget about the tea parties and hats and matching outfits that go along with it.
4. Gorgeous Cast – Saying that the cast of the new series is dreamy is quite the understatement. The entire “family” is eye candy and we won’t want to look away. Princess Eleanor, played by Alexandra Park, looks like she could totally be Elizabeth Hurley’s daughter in real time. Beyond gorgeous. I can only talk about Hurley’s beauty so many times in one article. Then there’s Eleanor’s bodyguard Jasper, played by the dashing Tom Austen, who you can’t stop watching even though you’re supposed to hate him (you’ll see what I mean once you see the first episode). Meanwhile, there’s William Mosley as Prince Liam. He’s definitely grown up since his days of playing Peter Pevensie in The Chronicles of Narnia.
5. The Drama – Sure there are a lot of dramas on TV right now, but none of them will compare to the ridiculousness that’s about to ensue. It’s like the family is ripped from the gossipy headlines of the Real Housewives but better. The kids disobey the parents, go out partying all night, do drugs and drink. Well, most of that is Princess Eleanor. The family deals with the death of one of their own, which leads to all of the actions above. The series pulls you in and makes you want to hang out and party with Eleanor, date William and raid Queen Mum’s closet!
6. The location – The series is shot entirely on location in the United Kingdom. Every scene looks incredible, using amazing location shots.
7. The accents – Let’s face it, everything sounds better in British.
The series has already been renewed for a second season, so there’s definitely no excuse to not watch because it will be around long enough for you to get hooked!
The Royals premieres Sunday, March 15 at 10 p.m. ET/PT on E!.
Photo and Video Credit: E! Entertainment